Friday, April 28, 2006

Manga recommend

Just wanted to mention a new series of manga volumes: Death Note. Never heard of the author or artist before, but then I'm not as much into manga as I used to be.
Picked this one up because the premise sounded interesting.

Basically it's about this straight A's college student who find this "Death Note" book belonging to a Shinigami (God of death) in which if you write the name of someone while thinking of their face, within 40 seconds they will die of a heart attack. You can also write more details of their death within 6 minutes and that will come true too. In a poor writers hands it would have degenerated into a by-the-numbers "who shall I kill this episode" book but it kept surprising me every page. Very intelligently written, muchly recommended and I'll be grabbing the rest (7 volumes out in total so far) as quick as I can.

£4.98 a volume on Amazon!

1 Comments:

At 10:03 pm, Blogger scott said...

hi i love your blog
come visit my internet movie blogs at....
www.thecoolmathblog.blogspot.com
www.thecoolmathblog2.blogspot.com
www.thecoolmathblog3.blogspot.com
P.S my blogs do not have anything to do with math so do not be afraid
P.S.S tell all your friends about my blog.
Happy Blogging!!! BP
P.S.S.S visit my blogger profile...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home