Thursday, January 12, 2006

Happy New One!

Been a while but I have been busy. The game I've been testing is almost done and has consumed most of my time over the past few months. However I have found some time to do some art and have got a gallery online (see link to the right). The art teacher handed me a bundle of paper before the winter break and said "I want those filled by the time you come back." I think I'll have 3 out of 14 filled, which is actually quite good for me!

Also doing art at work - they have started a training course two evenings a week and I was lucky enough to be accepted onto it. The first week is done and it was a basic model just to get us used to 3D Studio Max and the basics of low poly modelling. A bit frustrating at first - the hardest things for me were visualising how to get to where I needed to be from the boxes on the screen (where do I need to cut/extrude/chamfer/move/weld to make that shape) and getting the correct order of actions. Several times I went into too much detail early on which left me with a headache trying to do simple actions with all the edges and vertices all over the place. Very interesting though and have learned a lot in a short space of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home